To become a LGV Driver you will have to follow a number of processes and depending on the licence entitlements you already hold, will depend on what you will need to complete.
For a Category B (Car) licence holder you will need to complete the following processes to gain your LGV Category C (Rigid/Class 2) and then Category C+E (Artic/Class 1) vocational entitlements:
- Pass a Drivers Medical
- Apply for a Category C provisional licence entitlement
- Pass 2 Theory Tests (Multiple choice & Hazard perception)
- Pass Initial CPC Module 2 Case study test
- Attend and pass LGV Category C practical training & DVSA test
- Pass Initial CPC Module 4 Practical demonstration test
- Attend and pass LGV Category C+E practical & DVSA test
The time and effort that is required to pass each element of the LGV upskilling process should not be underestimated. The theoretical exams alone can be very challenging, which even experienced commercial Drivers can struggle with. To help with these exams we offer access to a top of the range on-line study system which contains actual content from the DVLA theory tests.